• Home
  • /
  • Travel Advisory

Travel Advisory

Visa & Passport Guide

Read this guide on entry visa’s and passport requirements to ensure you have a hassle free and relaxing journey.

Will I need a passport?

Passports are needed when travelling outside your home country. Your passport should be valid for 6 months beyond the conclusion of your trip. Skyland Tours Australia recommends that your passport contains at least two unused and facing visa pages (3 pages for Africa).

For those clients travelling to Australia, you need to apply for a Visa or ETA before you travel to Australia (except for New Zealand citizens). See below for more information under the heading “Visas (Travel to Australia)”.

Quick Links

Visas (Travel from Australia)

You are responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to your tour departure. Depending on your nationality, you may need visas to enter certain countries and obtaining visas can take up to six weeks. We’ve provided some simple guidance for you below. Note that the information below may change. Date this page was last amended 4 July 2016.

Applying for your Visa Online

Skyland Tours Australia have partnered with Visalink who specialise in providing Australian travellers with the relevant visas needed to reach destinations around the world. Be it Brazil, Russia, India, or China, they can offer you with the visa needed to get you there quickly and efficiently.

Visalink has strong relationships with general consulates in Sydney, Melbourne and around Australia meaning you’ll receive your required visa in the most efficient way possible.

Visas for China

Australian Passport Holders are required to obtain a visa prior to departure from Australia for entry into China.

Type of Visa Required: Standard Visa
Website: http://au.china-embassy.org/eng/
Cost: Single Entry Visa – AUD$60 per person, Double Entry Visa – AUD$90 per person

Visas for India

You need to apply online at India Visa Online for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA), a minimum of four and a maximum of 30 days before you are due to travel. Australian and New Zealand travellers are granted a 30-day single-entry visa on arrival (VOA) at Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Trivandrum airports. The fee is US$60, and you have to upload a photograph as well as a copy of your passport (details of requirements included in the link above).

Visas for New Zealand

Aussie passport holders do not need a visa or ETA to travel to New Zealand for the purpose of visiting on holiday.

Visas (Travel to Australia)

Travellers to Australia need a valid passport or similar certificate of identification. Everyone, except travellers with Australian or New Zealand passports, require a visa.

Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)

An ETA is an electronically stored authority for short-term visits to Australia of up to 3 months. It is available to passport holders from 32 countries and regions. Applications must be made from outside Australia

An ETA is equivalent to a visa, but there is no stamp or label in your passport and there is no need for you to visit an Australian diplomatic office to submit an application.

Now, you can also submit applications online,and in most cases, your ETA can be approved in less than 30 seconds. The ETA is issued electronically by a computer system operated by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (DIMA) of Australia. When an application for an ETA is submitted through their site, all you need to do is enter the details from your passport and your credit card information. The application is processed immediately. Approved applications are electronically recorded on Australian Government systems.

When you arrive at an airport for check-in on a flight to Australia, the airline check-in staff can electronically confirm that you have authority to board the flight to Australia. If you do not want to do this yourself, then simply ask for your flight agent to lodge it when you are booking your flights. This is the most popular option.

Am I Eligible?

You are only eligible to apply for an ETA while you are outside of Australia. To apply you must also hold one of the listed ETA-eligible passports below. If you do not meet these criteria, then you should contact your nearest Australian visa office for further options.

Travellers holding the following passports may now apply for an ETA:

  • Andorra
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hong Kong SAR
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Liechtenstein
  • Luxembourg
  • Malaysia
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • USA
  • Vatican City

Tourist Visa (Subclass 676)

A temporary visa generally granted for a stay of 3 months or 6 months. In certain circumstances, a stay of 12 months may be granted. This visa is for people who want to visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and/or friends. This visa may also be used for other short-term non-work purposes including study for less than three months. This visa is for you if you are:

  • outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia
  • in Australia and want to extend your stay as a visitor.

For information on applying for this Visa then please click here.

Visa Terms & Conditions

We’ve tried to make this visa & passport guide as accurate as possible but please double check the essentials like visas, health and safety, airport information etc with the relevant authorities before you travel. You are responsible for obtaining and paying for all visa and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. Skyland Tours Australia is not responsible for providing specific visa and passport information or documentation, and Skyland Tours Australia cannot accept liability for any traveller refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to the failure of the traveller to carry correct documentation.

Finally, some countries will not allow you to enter without proof of a return or onward electronic or paper ticket. Airline check-in staff at your point of origin may deny boarding you. If you proceed to book a one-way ticket please ensure you have checked with the Consulate of the country you are travelling to in order to ensure that you comply with their laws and regulations.

All matters relating to complying with the laws and regulations of all immigration authorities are solely your responsibility.

Skyland Tours Australia is not responsible for you not checking visa requirements before you travel, as policies change regularly….. travel responsibly!

Back to Top